In order to track your workouts using an Apple Watch or Bluetooth heart rate monitor the FITIV Pulse app requires permission from the iOS system to access your health and fitness data. While the app should prompt you to enable those permissions when the app is first installed, occasionally these permissions can become disabled, which prevents the app from recording your heart rate and workout data.
If a workout started from your Apple Watch or iPhone isn’t displaying your metrics (Calories, heart rate, speed, distance, etc.) check your permissions in Apple Health:
- Open the SETTINGS app on your IPHONE
- Tap HEALTH (white icon with a red heart)
- Tap DATA ACCESS & DEVICES
- Tap FITIV Pulse to access the FITIV app settings
- Tap TURN ALL CATEGORIES ON and ensure that the switches beside each metric are enabled
My heart rate data is still not recording on Apple Watch?
If your heart rate is not recording even after permissions are enabled this is likely caused by a setting in the Apple Watch itself known as POWER-SAVING MODE. Workout Power-Saving Mode is a setting on the Apple Watch that disables the heart rate readings for Walking and Running workouts to dramatically extend the battery life of the Apple Watch. This setting is intended for recording extended endurance workouts like marathon running in which there is a danger of the Watch running out of battery before the race ends.
To disable POWER-SAVING MODE:
- Open the SETTINGS app on your APPLE WATCH
- Tap on WORKOUTS
- Disable POWER SAVING MODE